Resource Links for this Weekend:
Greg Howell Suggested Links:
1. Adventists and Epidemics interview: Pastor Greg Howell and Pastor Keith Jacobson interact in this almost 10 minute interview about Adventists and Pandemics. Click HERE
2. The 1918 Influenza and the 1919 Bible Conferences: Sabbath School with Pastor Greg Howell featuring an interview with Dr. Michael Campbell: Click HERE
3. Michael Campbell article "Adventists and the 1918 Influenza Pandemic": Click HERE.
4. The Remnant interview with Pastor Greg Howell and Dr. Jon Paulien: Click HERE.
5. Historical Interpretations of Genesis Sabbath School by Pastor Greg Howell featuring Dr. John Reeve (Andrews University Early Church History professor): Click HERE.
The course materials can be obtained by contacting the VLP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the form on the "Contact Us" page of this website. A Zoom link will then be sent to those who have registered. Here is the introduction contained in the course materials:
Impetus for the Course
To obey Christ’s command to take the gospel to the world (Matthew 28:18-20),
the Northern California Conference needs more workers. Jesus’ words are still true today
that “the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few” (Luke 10:2 NIV).
To fulfill the mission of Christ and reach new communities for God, the Northern California Conference needs more part-time and volunteer leaders who can preach, do the work of evangelism, administrate and care for the membership of local churches. These proficiency areas are covered with the TEAMS acronym with each letter standing for an area of training (T – Teaching/Preaching; E – Evangelism/Engagement; A – Administration; M – Member care; and S – Spirituality of the leader). This particular course has been designed to begin meeting the need for more lay training. A more in-depth training course is available for those wishing to pursue being a Volunteer Lay Pastor (VLP). Please feel free to contact your Pastor to express your interest in further trainings to pursue VLP ministry. More resources on preaching, and other areas of ministry, are available online at this web link: https://www.ministryteams.org/teams-resources.html.
Purpose and Overview of this Course
Purpose: To provide basic proficiency in preaching concepts and a tangible process that can be repeated weekly, monthly or periodically when developing sermons for a local church’s worship service.
Overview of sessions:
Suggested Additional Reading:
Bresee, W. Floyd (1997). Successful Lay Preaching. Silver Spring, MD: The Ministerial Association of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
Robinson, Haddon W. (2001). Biblical Preaching: The Development and Delivery of Expository Messages, 2nd Edition. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic.
Wibberding, James Richard (2006). Learn to Preach Before Next Weekend. Telford, PA: Big Fish Publishing, In
 These sessions were developed through personal experience and by adapting materials produced by the North American Division that were accessed at this website: www.ifollowdiscipleship.org.
Murray Miller will be a contributor and the moderator, but many can help to shape the content.